McCormick On Obey Giant

Obey Giant is an enigma that demands explanation. It is primarily street art, and as such it is more than revenant to consider the context of the graffiti movement that stands before it. That is, every time an Obey Giant sticker is put up anywhere 1it is an act of vandalism. An ad that sells nothing and is not paid for is not just a crime against property and place; it is a dangerous and detrimental subversion of our most revered, prolific and universal language: the semiotics of commerce.



Fairey contends, “The knee-jerk reactions to ‘stop racism’ or ‘question authority’ effect a predetermined response.” By instead issuing a far more ambiguous statement, Fairey makes us actually question what lies behind it rather than simply write the whole sentiment off as another once intriguing but now overused concept to which we are desensitized.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philosophical Nazi Bullshit sweetheart! As I said before Heidegger, Hegel, Husserl and the rest of the existential Nazi crap that has captivated university pseudo intellectuals in a stupidity trap has wasted the time of too many great minds. The medium is not the message but simply the middleman between the motive and the money.

KISS!

Anonymous said...

By the way, you make me HOT!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure crescent was referring to the post immediately above his post (lol!)!!!

LazerpsE

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

Significant word.Blessed me I found your site by mistake, along with I am surprised howcome this accident didn't occur earlier! I bookmarked it

Before I go, allow me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I'm persuaded you have figured this at this time ,), English is not my first tongue therefore I am utilizing Google Translate to form out how to note down what I genuinely mean to state.