Bridget Gray Incredulous

Dear Hip Hop,

I'm writing to inform you I'm going to have to end our relationship.
I know in the beginning I was down to work my hips,
but I was tricked.
Seduced by your beat.

You had me for three minutes and forty-six seconds
I was suspended in time,
but when I snapped out of it I had to ask
"Did I hear what I thought I did in that last rhyme?"

Now forgive me, maybe I'm getting old or maybe I'm just slow,
but I didn't even know you could say "bitch" on the radio,
yet I was entranced by your beat I heard somewhere before,
oh, I remember that was the original score.

Now unless I'm dreaming I could have swore,
right after you called me a "bitch" you called someone else a whore,
and at this point I'm trying to process a few things.
What were the original words to that song
and you want me to do WHAT with my thong?
I'm trippin' cause nobody is acting like anything is wrong. [...]

No comments: